And here they are - the three top teen e-books that circulated at libraries (three of the top circulating titles out of the top ten were teen titles - not bad!).
According to Annie Suhy of Overdrive, 2012 was the year of the YA novel, as teens and adults gobbled up the latest additions to popular series. The Kill Order is the "prequel" to the popular Maze Runner series by James Dashner, Rapture is the 4th book in the Fallen series by Lauren Kate, and Entice is the second book in Jessica Shirvington's Violet Eden series.
Did you get a nook, kindle, or iPad for Christmas? Did you know that you can check out books for your e-reader if you own a library card? Access the instruction booklet for how to download a library book here.
Search the Monroe County Library's catalog of e-books and audiobooks here: E-book catalog
Here's a few FAQ about the library's overdrive, and downloading e-books to your device:
1. What is required before downloading an eBook to a device?
- An MCLS library card in good standing
- Access to the Internet
- An email address that will be used to register the device, create an Adobe ID or Amazon account, and (in the case of a Kindle),it should match the email address registered to the patron on CARL X.
- An Adobe ID for Nooks, iPads, Kindle Fires. An Amazon account for non-tablet Kindles
- For non-tablet Nooks and other Android eReaders, Adobe Digital Editions must be downloaded to the PC that is managing the device.
2. Are all eReaders and Tablets compatible with OverDrive?
Most are compatible, but not all. For a complete list, see the Overdrive page..
3. How many items can be checked out to a patron at any given time?
A patron is limited to 4 title checkouts and 4 titles on their waiting list. The "Wish List" is not limited.
4. Can OverDrive titles be returned early?
If you still have questions, please stop in and see us at the Greece Public Library. We will do our best to answer your questions.Yes, most can be returned early. With the exception of some audiobooks (in WMA format), all ebooks as well as audiobooks in MP3 format may be returned early. For directions on returning an item early, see the OverDrive brochure on the portal.