Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Music at the Library: CD's and Freegal

I talk a lot about books, but did you know you can find a lot of your favorite music at the library?  My personal favorite is country, and there have been a lot of big releases lately, and a few more slated for this month.   You can check out music CDs here at the library with your card, but did you know you can download three free songs a week through our Freegal service?  Just by having a library card in good standing, you can choose three songs a week to download and keep - for your phone, your PC, or tablet.  It's simple, just browse by title, artist, or genre, click download and the music is yours to keep!  You can even create playlists - I have an "exercise" playlist for my phone that I use when I run, and also a "yoga" playlist that I use to cool down.  There's a large variety of music available too, so be sure to take advantage of this service. 


Here's a few music CD's I've been enjoying recently:



click here to check the catalog


(This CD is available on Freegal, too)  Kenny Chesney is one of my favorite male country artists, and this album did not disappoint!  The Big Revival debuted at #1 on the Billboard Country Music Chart, and I can see why.  The music sucks you right in, and as usual, I love the lyrics as well as the beat.  My personal favorites are "Beer Can Chicken", "Drink It Up", "Save It For A Rainy Day", and "The Big Revival".  The only song on the whole CD that didn't bowl me over was "Don't It". 



check the catalog here


Another group I just love, Lady Antebellum just released "747", which contains the hit "Bartender" that you probably have already heard a lot on the radio.  I absolutely fell in love with track #5 "Down South", and track #4 "Freestyle" is really a fun song!  A nice mix of ballads and fun get up and dance songs on this one. 


I also can't wait to hear the new Florida Georgia Line album Anything Goes, Taylor Swift's 1989, and am anxiously waiting to hear when Darius Rucker plans to drop a new album after hearing his new single "Homegrown Honey".   

No comments:

Post a Comment