Tuesday, April 1, 2014
Teen Haiku Contest at the Greece Public Library!
1. Entries are accepted from April 1, 2014 through close of business (9:00 p.m.) Wednesday, April 30, 2014.
2. Entries must be in the form of a three line haiku.
3. Haiku must total seventeen or fewer syllables. Typically, line one has five, line two seven and line three five syllables.
4. Haiku must be in English and be an original work by a Monroe County teen aged 12-18.
5. All entries must include your name, age, address, phone number and e-mail address. You may drop off your entries to the Greece Public Library in person at the information desk or e-mail them to firstname.lastname@example.org. If using e-mail, please put “Haiku Contest” in the subject line. Your haiku may be used on the library website, social media accounts, and library brochures. You will be credited for your poem any place it appears. You may enter more than one haiku.
Open to teen residents of Monroe County ages 12-18. Prizes are as follows: first prize $50 Wegmans gift card, second prize $30 Wegmans gift card and third prize $20 Wegmans gift card. Prizes must be claimed by Friday, May 30, 2014.
Winners will be notified by phone and e-mail by Thursday, May 8th. All decisions by the judging committee are final. Questions? Contact the Teen Services Coordinator Claire Talbot at 585-723-2495 or email@example.com. Entry forms are available at the library or here Teen Haiku Contest Form