Wednesday, October 24, 2012

What I'm Waiting for Wednesday....


What I'm Waiting for Wednesday......

These are items that I am waiting to read, listen to, be published - you get the drift.  What are you looking forward to in the world of books and music?

1. Red Yes - I am a big Taylor Swift fan, and I would love to get my hands on the Delux version of this CD.  I may break down and buy it this week!

2.   The sequel to Daughter of Smoke and Bone, one of my favorite books of 2012.  Hope it lives up to my own expectations - due out on Nov. 6th.
3.  Miss Fortune Cookie  This novel just sounds cute and fun - sometimes I like a "light" fun read.  Due out on Nov. 13.
4.  Chuck Close: Face Book  I have this book on order, and have heard so many great things about it.   From Goodreads.com: "Chuck Close, who is wheelchair-bound and paints with a brush strapped to his arm, discusses the severe dyslexia and face blindness he has struggled with since childhood, as well as a collapsed spinal artery that left him nearly paralyzed at the age of 48.
An engaging feature of the book is a mix-and-match Chuck Close self-portrait section. This hands-on component encourages the reader to create new and interesting combinations of Close’s techniques and images." 

No comments:

Post a Comment