Monday, August 20, 2012

New Book: Guitar Notes by Mary Amato

Guitar Notes by Mary Amato is a novel that hooked me in the beginning, and left me more than a little surprised at the end!  Tripp Broody has been forbidden to play his guitar by his mother, who is concerned that Tripp is not spending enough time on school work, or making friends.  Lyla Marks appears to be the complete opposite of Tripp.  She is a top student, an award winning cello players, and quite popular.  Beneath the surface, Tripp and Lyla share many of the same dreams and interests.  Over the course of the school year, the two start to develop a friendship via notes left in the practice room the two "share" to play their instruments; Lyla on even days, and Tripp on odd days.  I love the way the friendship develops, and how Lyla starts to make her own decisions about her life.  Both she and Tripp have parents that mean well, but are pushing their own expectations on their children.  The only think about this book I wasn't too crazy about was the ending.....and I can't really tell you about it, because I want you to read this book for yourself, and decide what you think! 

No comments:

Post a Comment