Monday, December 5, 2011

The Future of Us

I was really looking forward to reading this novel, a joint effort of Jay Asher (Thirteen Reasons Why) and Carolyn Mackler (The Earth, My Butt, and Other Big Round Things).  The major premise of the story, that neighbors Josh and Emma power up an AOL CD in Emma's computer in 1996 and somehow access their Facebook pages of the future was really hard to buy into, but it still intrigued me.  What I did find interesting was the way the two characters reacted to the knowledge of their future selves, and how their relationship shifted in the book.  On a scale of 1-10, I'd give the book about a 6, and recommend it as a quick read.  I finished it in one afternoon car ride, in less than 3 hours.  Click on the book, and watch the video on amazon.com, and read what others had to see about this highly anticipated book of 2011! 

No comments:

Post a Comment